Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Yet more circles.
















Haven't updated in a while so I thought I'd hurl up what I've been up to, I've been continuing with the drawing circles/shapes process as a means of distraction. The materials I use on each piece are totally random and I basically just use what I have within arms length at the time. At this point I've used bags, receipts, envelopes, magazines and the yellow pages to draw oh. I'm also trying to start dating and organizing the pieces into some form of chronological order, which is somewhat difficult to do as this process occurs randomly and I have minimal organisational skills. It's something I have to work on. I've managed to date a lot of my work, there is a pattern forming that I usually try and distract myself in the evening, must be the main time I start over thinking and digesting everything that has happened during the day.


As you can see I switched briefly into using colour within my work, this was purely due to my happiness at the time and wanting to be literally, colourful. The opaque circles came about because when I was a child I was really into colouring in books, I used to have dozens and dozens, most of them half complete where i'd only been able to colour in one picture a page due to the felt tip pen seeping through to the picture on the otherside. It got me thinking about how happy they used to make me as a child and the satisfactory feeling I used to get when i'd coloured in a whole picture, and not gone over the lines or anything. I've been striving for that feeling again by making the little opaque circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment