Tuesday, 23 November 2010

BIC Monochromes and BIC Stereochromes.

 My fancy art magazine came through the post a couple of days ago and I prized it open today for something to look at until the heating made the living room habitable. Although this art magazine costs 5 quid an issue (that's 1.5 drinks in heebie jeebies on a thursday night) it's generally filled with fashion advertisements and gallery adverts and this month it had a nine page spread dedicated to an artist called 'Ignacio Uriarte'. An artist I know very little about, but from what I can gather from the pictorial offerings (there is no accompanying text or article to the images) his work is about using different coloured biro pens to build up a spiraled pattern. 


Double page spread in green.
Red, Green, Black Biro.

Purple, Blue, Red Biro.
Red Biro.
Black Biro.


I did a little Google research on the artist and he is a Spanish artist. His website is very crude and simple, simple links with dry captions. No thought or budget it would seem into the delivery of the website, which I actually quite like. Maybe it's supposed to be one of those 'it's so bad, it's genius' situations. Anyway it seems his pieces are quite large and have accompanying audio to go with each piece, although details are a little vague. Generally confusinghttp://www.ignaciouriarte.com/ .




'Bic Monochromes'
'Black Monochrome'




No comments:

Post a Comment