I had a tutorial today and it was suggested that I look at On Kawara, a Japanese conceptual artist who produced a series of paintings simply stating the date accompanied with a newspaper from that date. It kinda relates to my own practice (the pages of writing from specific days) by demonstrating a time line of production.
I'm going to attempt to organize my several scraps of paper into some form of constructed sense, my usual way of presenting is quite scatty, I'm a generally scatty person so I'm going to source some different photo frames to present with to create a display.
The whole idea of showing the progression of time is a bit like that guy, Noah? I think his name was, that guy who took a photograph of himself everyday for ten years and as the film goes on you can see his face change and hair grow and what not.


No comments:
Post a Comment