Process with Biro.
Whilst working with the woolen wrapping process it became apparent that it was becoming too heavy, large and awkward for me to carry around and escort on the 86 bus. Therefore I had to leave it behind in my studio space in University. As this process I'm working on is all about distracting myself from repetitive thoughts and over-thinking, I found myself at home with nothing to use as a diversion away from mental tension. I decided to embark on a different way of channeling negative energy by continually drawing and writing with a Biro pen.
 |
| Words. |
 |
| More words. |
At first it started off by me writing continually in an almost automatic state, grabbing words and phrases from outside influences such as conversations with my house mate, television and music. As well as my own sporadic thoughts. I felt that if i wrote down all that I was thinking that somehow it might leave my mind, it had left my mind and now existed only on paper and I wouldn't have to deal with it. It's beginning to form a type of personal diary, each page of excessive rambling and chatter summing up my experience of that particular day.
No comments:
Post a Comment