Friday, 4 February 2011

Group Crit.

I had a group crit session yesturday morning, It wasn't a great turnout number wise but this ended up being a positive thing, because we each had longer to talk about and discuss our work and any issues we were having.

The session was pretty useful, it really got me thinking about the exhibiting of my work. We talked alot about how the deployment of artwork can ultimately affect the relationship between the audience and the piece. There were alot of interesting and exciting ideas exchanged between the group, lot's to think about and dwell on in the run up to the upcoming exhibition. 

I talked a little bit about how I wanted to use the floor as the medium to write on, my concept being deployed on the floor seems apt, our relationship with the floors is different to say walls or ceilings. Generally if something is on the floor, it's sometimes seen as waste, it's something literally and metaphorically 'below' us. If my thought's were on the floor people could walk all over them, brush them away but also see them as a form of waste. Waste of thought. Waste of brain acitvity. Which is what my delerious ponderings are, a waste. 

We talked about how much of a difference it makes where my writing would be placed, how would it change the feel of it if it were on the wall? At eye level? What if i'd decided to frame it? Or what if I wanted to write on the ceiling? All these things are taken into consideration when Im thinking about how I want the audience to recieve this visual information.

No comments:

Post a Comment