I felt that I should write a little about the ball of wool as I haven't mentioned her in a while, truth be told I've been neglecting her but I thought I should write about her as it's having a weird effect on me at this moment in time. It feels like a dead weight, I progress with my other avenues of work at a happy and consistent pace but I've left the ball behind. It was the whole reason I started this idea, yet now, it feels like a massive weight of excess babble. I carry it around now and again like a little puppy, Ill come into studio, drop my stuff in my space, pick up the ball, have a little play with it and quickly get bored and return it to the floor where it stays day and night.
Every time I see it I feel a bit sad, it's my responsibility, I decided to embark on it and now that it's all old and heavy I've grown weary of it. Much like a dog a Christmas, it's fun and amazing when they're little bouncy cuties but when they get old and start to stink of shit the novelty wears thin. I feel like I should draw a conclusion to it, do something with it, end it? I'm not sure, but I don't plan to leave it in its current form. I just need to think about what to do with it, euthanize it? The lettuce is still in its centre, I'm really curious as to what form its taken, whether its rotted or maybe it's in tact due to lack of methane or oxygen which contributes to the decaying process of vegetation. Who know's. I might just chop it in half. Just to satisfy my own curiosity.
No comments:
Post a Comment