I was sitting on the bus today, my Ipod had run out of battery therefore I was forced to listen to my own thoughts and everybody elses. I got to thinking about the concept behind my 'drawings'. I always thought to myself that if the thoughts were on the paper, they had left my brain and consciousness. Which maybe they did for a brief period of time, But the fact is that these thoughts do exist, they exist on the pieces of paper which I look at everyday, whether I wish to believe they are gone or not, they are very much present in my life on the paper and in the frames. So I thought, maybe I could continue writing but in a way that it would have a lifespan. In other words, how could the drawings somehow destroy themselves so that they are actually gone and I don't have to deal with them, changing the process into a temporary relief.
My initial thought was to write on things that are ephemral, i.e. foods. By doing this I would be continuing engaging with my process but also the 'drawing' would eventually dicintergrate and leave the world as I wish they would. So to start the rolling of experimenting with this idea I have began writing on bread, this is extremely hard, the bread is so soft and it absorbs alot of the ink, also whilst writing bits of bread fly everywhere. I've also dabbled in writing on pitta bread which is alot easier.
Other then foods I was thinking about writing on soap, an object that will eventually be used and gone. Well this idea is in its prelimary stages so I'm going to carry on pootling around with it. As for the glove, I still use it, but as I've said in a previous post, it's hard to progress with.
No comments:
Post a Comment