Today was the 21st birthday of my good friend whom sadly passed away three years ago, I spent much of the afternoon and evening at his house with a few close family members to celebrate his birthday.
The general situation triggered me to think about my project and its concept, my concept being the attempt to channel negative energy in a considered direction. As we all sat in the living room, there was a collective negative energy. No words being spoken but all of us emitting a dense negative energy and therefore creating a hugely depressing energy field. And as I glanced around at everyone and their faces and their body language it all aimed towards a sense of sadness. I started to think about how this concentrated feeling can affect the greater atmosphere of say, other rooms and even moving towards outside. How can a collective feeling affect the greater world? Could this concentrated negative energy field affect the fields outside and therefore create a shift in the worlds energy? Surely such a mass of emotion would shift a surrounding field? In the same way as other emotions are infectious, i.e. happiness and laughter from one person can change the energy in a room and spread to others and therefore creating a positive field. Could this apply to my circumstance of a room filled with misery?
All this taken into consideration and relating it back to my work, my roll of words is a concentration of my negative energy, and because of its elusive nature of course its negativity cannot spread, as the audience aren't aware of what is being said in the words. How could I go about creating an energy field change? I'm pretty certain it's out of the limits of my project but I thought it was something interesting to think about, shifting energy fields with negative and positive emotions.
No comments:
Post a Comment